Monday, November 18, 2013

Moving along down the road....

I am going to show off some of the miniatures that I bought years ago... It is always fun to see what I have tucked away since I stored most of my miniature items.  My big doll house was collecting dust faster that I could say "Jackrabbit"...  So here are a few more.

Annelle Ferguson is a great miniature crossstitcher and I was thrilled to be able to purchase two of her fabulous samplers.  Since black is so hard to stitch on, these are extra special to me.  They measure 1 3/4" by 2" including the frames.  She did not date her
s but I bought them in 1993.  I wish I had asked her more about these.  She has numbers, but I don't know what they mean.

Here is another mini, only 1" square including the frame...Caren Garfen from London...dated 1993.

Now I must include a few old samplers that I had a few friends make for me.  One is by my daughter aged 6 at the time in 1988, and my sister, Jerri, who died from Lou Gehrig's disease or ALS. 


She did cross stitch all her life, even with only one eye.  I am so glad I have her sampler!  Sad to say, my daughter has not done any more cross stitching...Perhaps one day!

Happy stitching and I'll see you later, Kathy

2 comments:

  1. All such lovely projects. Maybe one day your daughter will take up stitching again. My daughter does not stitch but makes other beautiful things with her hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb, my granddaughter might learn one day!!

    ReplyDelete