Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back to Halloween.....

Since I really didn't have a blog during October, I must go back and show you all the work that I did.
I went a bit overboard, but I hope you enjoy them.  It all happened when I saw this house/box/whatever do they call it?
It is on my MUST DO list of 2014....I wonder how long it will take...ha ha...and then, I saw this!





This was in a Just Cross Stitch Special Collector's Issue, Halloween 2013..
The design is by Wendy White of Wee Works.  I also loved the perforated paper.  It was smooth and glossy, easy as pie to stitch on.
Size is 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" on
20 Ct. paper.
On the same page was Witch 13...so much fun to stitch.
Designed by Pamela Byrd Smith of The Prairie Schooler. Size 2 1/2" x 3".  Little pin by Just Another Button Co.

Immediately after that, I did go crazy...bought more and more and started on several.  I discovered over dyed fabric and knew I could do it myself.  I actually did buy some to do this pattern,  "Something Wicketed" by La-De-Da....totally me!  The yellowish/orange fabric was a little blah after I finished stitching it, but then I added lots more orange ink... perfect now.  Well, except for that last word.  It is off...a little..but should I fix it??  Should I just forget it?  Let me know....This will probably be a pillow....I have some great Halloween fabric for it.  Size is 5" x 12".  I have the same fabric, also dyed to match to do "Toil and Trouble" which matches with her long nose!!
.
 


Out of the 2012 Just Cross Stitch Halloween Special Issue magazine was the Town of Halloween designed by Isabella Abbiati of the Primitive Hare...I thought easy...almost all black and some green, no problem...ha ha...I had many problems not marking my chart.  Never will do that again...This will also be a pillow...I think, maybe, I have plenty of time to decide!!  I didn't have to worry about mistakes as primitive is so forgiving!  Size is  6 1/2"x11 1/2" and the fabric is 16 ct. Aida cloth.  I find I like Aida less and less.
Last one is just a small pumpkin, I mostly made up...pincushion for my cute little pins.
Happy Stitching, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment